Jack A. Tuszyński, Ph.D., D.Sc.
- Professore Ordinario, DIMEAS, Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
- Full Professor, Department of Physics, University of Alberta.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Physics.
Professor Jack Tuszyński obtained his Ph.D. in condensed matter physics in 1983 from the University of Calgary. From 1983 to 1988 he was a faculty member at the Department of Physics of the Memorial University of Newfoundland in St. John’s.
He moved to the University of Alberta in 1988 as an assistant professor, between 1990 to 1993 he was an associate and then full professor at the Department of Physics. Between 2005 and 2020 he has held the prestigious Allard Chair in Experimental Oncology at the Cross Cancer Institute where he leads an interdisciplinary computational drug discovery group.
Dr. Tuszyński held visiting professorship and research positions in China, Germany, France, Israel, Denmark, Belgium and Switzerland.
He has published over 550 peer-reviewed journal papers, and 12 books. His research has been supported by over 100 research grants from Canadian, US and European funding agencies. He is on the editorial board of almost 30 international journals including the Journal of Biological Physics.
He is an Associate Editor of The Frontiers Collection, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg. His research interests centre on the computational rational drug design, the Integration of mathematical modelling into the pharmaceutical development process and quantum biology